I’ve seen this recipe so many times before but always struggled to get past the banana taste. If you dabble in cooking and baking, you know that gluten-free and healthy in one recipe indicates some bananas.
However, I am here to put your mind at ease. I have finally discovered the perfect complementary ingredients and ratios that leave you with a super yummy pancake. This recipe is ‘husband approved’ as he does not like things that taste too healthy. So, if he finished the whole batch, you will too.
So, let’s dive into it…
- 2 1/2 cups of instant oats
- 1/2 cup protein powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 whole bananas
- Mash your bananas. This is a very important step; you don’t want to be left with chunks of banana in your batter.
- Mix in the rest of your ingredients until the mixture is smooth. I used my blender for the mixing and that gave me the best consistency. Your batter should be runny but at a slow pace.
- Warm a pan on medium heat and add oil or butter to ensure your mixture does not stick. I checked between batches to ensure there was enough oil as you do not want to add too much from the start. This will only leave your first pancakes oily.
- After your pan is heated add the batter to the pan by using about a tablespoon of batter and placing the splotches about an inch from one another. I could fit three pancakes in my pan that resulted in the perfect portion size.
- Wait for the edges to become rounded and cloudy and flip your pancakes to the other side. Be careful as this recipe does darken quicker than a normal pancake batter.
- Once done transfer the pancakes to a plate and start the next set of pancakes. Continue step 5 until all the batter is finished.
- Serve and enjoy
I made a pancake stack with honey and berries for the initial photo idea, but hubby suggested I make a spread that we could enjoy outside and that turn out even better. Like a cheese platter it was nice to add our choice of toppings. I added some honey, jam and cheese to our plate.
I hope you try the recipe as the shhh is bananas.
Till next time.
The Confident Dinosaur.