Smoothies are so easy and convenient to make when you don’t have time to make a full meal. I also enjoy smoothies as they are a fun alternative to a post-workout snack or travel lunch, but sometimes drinking my meal is just not enough. I like the feeling of eating (who doesn’t?) like having soup with bread. It’s not the same without it.
The best alternative to my favourite smoothie is turning it into a smoothie bowl. This recipe is super easy, hits all the right spots and is definitely ‘hubby approved’.
Feel free to swap out ingredients like peanut butter and milk with your dietary preferences.
This recipe makes two small servings or one large serving.
Let’s dive in.
- 2 Large frozen bananas
- Serving (2 scoops) of protein powder
- ½ Cup of milk
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter/ nut butter
- ¼ Cup Coffee in water
- Make your coffee shot. I used instant coffee in room temperature water. You determine how strong you would like your coffee flavor. I used one tablespoon coffee in the ¼ cup water.
- Add all your ingredients to a blender and blend.
- After blending you can add in more ice or a third banana, depending on how thick you like your smoothie to be.
- Serve your smoothie in a bowl and top with some oats, seeds, or cacao nibs. This is not vital for a delicious smoothie bowl but makes for beautiful photos.
Let me know in the comments if there are any recipes that you would like to see or ingredients you need to use but don’t have a recipe for.
Till next time.
The Confident Dinosaur