Today’s recipe was forced on me by the brown bananas staring at me from the counter-top and my husband smoothly implying that it’s a shame we have to throw them away.
I remembered my mothers banana bread recipe and whip out her recipe. Unlucky to see that I needed brown sugar, I almost stopped the project completely before deciding that white sugar will have to do. You see, we are still in lockdown so my recipes are becoming more, “use what you have in the house’ recipes.
I embarked on this journey without looking at possible recipes, very confident and eager to succeed.
Succeed I did. Yes, I don’t have a bread pan and had to use small cake pans. Yes, I don’t have a working oven at the moment but a portible convection oven and yes, I don’t have four large bananas but 7 small ones and the math doesn’t add up.
After completion, my husband finished the whole batch warm. So approval given.
Lets get into it:
- 1 CUP SUGAR
- 1/4 TSP SALT
- 1 TSP BAKING SODA
- 2 CUPS FLOUR
- 2 LARGE EGGS
- 1/2 CUP BUTTER
- 4 LARGE BANANAS
- Mash your bananas.
- Combine the butter and sugar.
- Add the bananas, flour, eggs, baking soda and salt to the butter and sugar mixture. Mix through.
- Prepare a bread pan with butter, cooking spray or oil and add mixture to pan.
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees and bake bread for 20 – 30 mins or until brown. This will depend on your oven. (You can test your bread by stabbing it with a butter knife or chopstick, if batter is sticking to the utensil when you remove it, it still needs to bake.)
- Remove from oven and set to cool down.
- Serve and enjoy.
I hope you try out the recipe. Have a wonderful day.
Till next time.
The Confident Dinosaur.